Our comprehensive academic programme provides clinicians with a broad range of CPD approved Clinical and Non-Clinical symposia. Members of the College enjoy discounts on all educational events. With up to 60% off symposia attendance fees, which offer up to 12 external CPD credits. For further information on all live symposia, please check out our upcoming events for Physicians.
My College Online offers CPD accredited e-learning modules; each provides relevant, high quality educational content which can be accessed conveniently in your own time and from your own home or workplace.
Fellows and Members have free access to the on-line CPD diary offered by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK as part of its CPD scheme for all post-training physicians. The CPD diary helps you maintain a personal and validated record of your CPD activities on an annual basis.
Fellows and Members must register before accessing the CPD diary for the first time. Please follow the links below for more information:
- CPD Registration
- CPD Diary login
- CPD diary step-by-step user guide
- CPD Diary guidance document
- Guidance for appraisers
If you would like to propose a new educational event or have a specific CPD related enquiry, please email: email@example.com.
Having a programme endorsed by the College shows that it meets the same rigorous internal quality assurance processes as courses within the College’s educational provision. By having your course endorsed, you will receive the below benefits:
- Assurance for prospective attendees that the course meets our exacting quality standards
- Use the College logo on the marketing materials for the endorsed course
- Use “endorsed by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow” on course material
- In addition to endorsing the course we can provide certificates of attendance (either hard copy or electronically
Applicants should use the below forms to apply for endorsement and send all documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College will endeavour to respond to all applications within two weeks of receiving them.
Mythbusters: addressing common misunderstandings about appraisal and revalidation
Mythbusters: addressing common misunderstandings about appraisal and revalidation is a document designed to facilitate the process of information gathering and prepare physicians for appraisal.
The document will hopefully not just provide guidance, but also give physicians the confidence to focus on what is actually required rather than what is imagined is required to collate a portfolio of relevant supporting information to confirm fitness to practice.
Physicians in the later stages of their careers and those who are retired but still need a GMC licence will also find this document useful.
The document addresses common misunderstandings around the following:
- Role of appraisal in the revalidation of doctors
- Revalidation, appraisal and continuing professional development documentation
- Supporting information for appraisal and revalidation
- Continuing professional development
- Quality improvement activities
- Significant events
- Colleague and patient feedback
- Review of complaints and compliments
- Personal development plans
The annexes to the document provide links to useful publications and resources for appraisal and revalidation, and details of types of CPD activities and categories of CPD credits.