This statement applies to content published on the rcpsg.ac.uk website. It does not apply to content on any of its subdomains.
This website is run by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, which is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standard to ensure accessibility of the rcpsg.ac.uk website.
Measures to support accessibility
The College takes the following measures to support accessibility of the rcpsg.ac.uk website:
- Include accessibility as part of its Website Development Strategy.
- Integrate accessibility into its web development practices.
- Include people with disabilities in its user testing.
- Work toward WCAG 2.1 accreditation.
- Annual assessments of the rcpsg.ac.uk website by Shaw Trust Accessibility Services.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
The College is currently working toward WCAG 2.1 level AA conformance.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- The HTML table published on the Today's health news headlines page can't be formatted correctly by the College. The content of this page is taken from an external website via API.
- The content of the articles published in the "News and Statements" section of the website may not be fully accessible. The content of these pages is taken from an external website via API.
- The interactive maps displayed on this website are provided by Google Maps and cannot be modified by the College.
- Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
- Some PDF documents are provided by third-party and cannot be modified by the College. If you require a specific document in another format, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of rcpsg.ac.uk. Please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter accessibility barriers on this website.
The accessibility of rcpsg.ac.uk relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browsers and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is assessing the accessibility of rcpsg.ac.uk via external evaluations.
This statement was prepared on 01 November 2021. It was last updated on 08 April 2022.