By using this site, you are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions of use. We reserve the right to modify them at any time. You should check these terms and conditions periodically for changes. By using this site after we post any changes to these terms and conditions, you agree to accept those changes, whether or not you have reviewed them. If at any time you choose not to accept these terms and conditions of use please do not use this site.
These terms and conditions apply to your use of www.rcpsg.ac.uk which is owned and operated by the Royal college of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (RCPSG).
These terms and conditions apply only to www.rcpsg.ac.uk and not to any of the sites which www.rcpsg.ac.uk links to. We are not responsible for the availability of any other site to which www.rcpsg.ac.uk links. We do not endorse or take responsibility for the contents, advertising, products or other material made available through any other site.
Under no circumstances will we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any content, goods or services available on any other site.
Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, will the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this site.
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow does not make any representations or warranties concerning any action, by any person following the information offered or provided within www.rcpsg.ac.uk. Neither we nor our partners, or any of their affiliates, will be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages that may result, including but not limited to economic loss, injury, illness or death.
The contents of this site are protected by copyright. Unless stated otherwise, you may access the materials located within www.rcpsg.ac.uk for your personal use. When you download copyrighted material you do not obtain any ownership rights in that material.
You may not modify, copy, publish, display, transmit, adapt or in any way exploit the content of www.rcpsg.ac.uk.
Only if you obtain prior written consent from us may you exploit material from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
To seek our permission please write to
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
232-242 St Vincent Street
User Generated Content
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow does not pre-screen User Generated Content.
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow retain the rights but not the responsibility to edit or remove any User Generated Content or terminate your account for any reason its sole discretion.
1. Registration Instructions
You must become a registered user ("Registrant") in order to post User Generated Content to a Forum. You can register at www.rcpsg.ac.uk. Registrants must create a user ID and password ("Profile"), or be given one explicitly by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in order to create and access accounts through which they can participate in Interactive Services.
2. Rules for the Forums
- Be Relevant. Each Interactive Service is dedicated to a topic designed to help people share information about relevant topics and related subjects.
- Stay on topic. Do not talk about anything else off topic. Be Constructive. Post only constructive comments and questions.
- Be Courteous. Flaming and insults are prohibited. Do not post content that is offensive, libelous, defamatory, indecent, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, abusive, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or offensive in a sexual, racial, cultural, or ethnic context.
- Be Private. Do not post personal information, including your email address, IM address, or phone number. Do not solicit personally identifiable information from other Registrants or Website users.
- Be Personal. The Forums are not to be used for any commercial purpose. Do not post any advertising or commercial content whatsoever. Do not post any content that involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming." Be Yourself. Do not impersonate anyone else.
- Be True. Do not post any content that includes information that is false, misleading, inaccurate, fraudulent, or deceptive, or that promotes illegal activities;
- Be Legal. Do not post any content that violates any applicable Scots, UK or European law. Do not post any content, or take any action, that is designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or to interfere with or disrupt the Website or services connected to the Website.
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow’s rights to Your Posting.
Your User Generated Content is not confidential or proprietary. You grant to the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow a non-exclusive, non-revocable, worldwide, perpetual right to use your User Generated Content in any manner or media now or later known without limitation including but not limited to the right to sublicense and assign and commercialize without any compensation due to you.
Ownership. You are responsible for ensuring that any User Generated Content that you post does not, and will not; violate the rights of any third party rights of any kind. You warrant and represent that you own or control all rights in any User Generated Content that you post to any Interactive Service.
Safeguard your Profile. Do not allow any third party to use your profile to access the website. You agree to notify the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow immediately of any unauthorised use of your profile or the website. You agree that the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow shall not be liable for any loss that results from the unauthorised use of your Profile, either with or without your knowledge.
General Use. You acknowledge and agree that the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow does not have any obligation to review User Generated Content, that the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is not in any manner responsible for User Generated Content, that the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of User Generated Content, and that the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow cannot assure that harmful, inaccurate, deceptive, offensive, threatening, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable User Generated Content will not appear on the Website. You also acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to access, view and/or post User Generated Content on the website, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any User Generated Content or activities of Registrants or users on the website.
Copyright Infringement. If your work has been copied and posted on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow immediately.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability. For important information about the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow's disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability arising from your use of this Website, including, without limitation, with respect to any User Generated Content.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow has the absolute right to monitor User Generated Content posted to the website in its sole discretion. In addition, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow reserves the right to alter, edit, refuse to post or remove any such User Generated Content, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason, and to disclose such User Generated Content and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party. You agree that we do not have any obligation to use or respond to any User Generated Content.
Any use of any content on this website, including, without limitation, User Generated Content will be at your own risk. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ROYAL COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS OF GLASGOW IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY USER GENERATED CONTENT THAT PURPORTS TO GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL GUIDANCE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A LEGALLY QUALIFIED ADVISOR.
- We hope that this website will be of interest to you, but we accept no responsibility and offer no warranties in relation to the content of the website and your use of it, to the fullest extent that the law permits us to exclude such liability.
- The services and materials on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. We disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow does not warrant that any functions contained in www.rcpsg.ac.uk will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or other harmful components.
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction.
- Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
- All use of our website is subject to Scots law and the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts and is subject to this disclaimer. Any views expressed in messages on our website are not necessarily those of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow or anyone connected with us.
- We make no representations whatsoever about any other websites which you may be able to access through our website or which may link to our website. When you access any other website through our website you must understand that it is separate from www.rcpsg.ac.uk and that we have no control over the content or availability of other websites.
- In addition even although there is a link to another website from our own website, this does not mean that the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow endorses or accepts responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website and we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of, such a website and we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any other website linked to or from our own. Any concerns regarding any external link from our website should be directed to its website administrator or webmaster.