Fellowship is a demonstration of commitment to the College and an acknowledgement of an individual's contribution to travel medicine, its standards and practice. Fellowship of the Faculty of Travel Medicine is offered to travel medicine practitioners who, in the opinion of College, have made substantial contributions to their specialty or who are senior members of the profession and whose published works and attainments are, in the opinion of the Council, of such distinction as to justify election.
Existing Members of the Faculty are normally expected to have a minimum of 4 years consecutive membership before being considered for fellowship.
To apply, please complete the application form, attach a CV and provide the names of two sponsors, one of whom should also provide a statement of support.
All applications for fellowship should be supported by evidence to assist the decision making process. This may include some or all of the following:
- 5 years whole time equivalent experience in travel medicine or a related discipline
- portfolio of evidence demonstrating a commitment to travel medicine
- significant contributions as a first author or contributing author of article(s) relating to travel medicine in a peer reviewed or non-peer reviewed journal.
- regular peer review of published travel medicine articles
- input to national, regional, international bodies (advisory/consultant capacity) in the context of travel medicine
- seniority, prominence in providing services or running specialist departments
- regular teaching, lecturing at Diploma/Certificate level or speaking at international/national conferences
For further information please contact email@example.com.Apply online Download application
The College's Fellowship Committee meets at least 4 times a year to review all applications. The Committee's decision on admission or elevation to fellowship is final.
All successful applicants will be required to pay a joining fee (currently £200). This fee is waived for existing Members. Fellows also pay an annual subscription fee which varies depending on geographic location and medical or non-medical qualifications.
Following admission or elevation to Fellowship, you will be entitled to use the post-nominal, FFTM RCPS(Glasg). This is just one of many practical professional, educational, financial and lifestyle membership benefits which we offer to our Fellows.