Full membership is open to individuals who have successfully completed any of following:
- MFTM part 1 (or hold an exempting qualification) and MFTM part 2 examinations.
- Both Part A and Part B of the International Diploma in Expedition and Wilderness Medicine.
- Via committee, to individuals who have:
- Passed the Diploma in Travel Medicine awarded by this College or the University of Glasgow and who also have a higher qualification in the field of travel medicine, or
- made significant contributions to Travel Medicine in research, practice or professional activities.
To apply via this route, please download and complete the application form, attach your CV and all supporting evidence, and include the names of two sponsors, one of whom should also provide a statement of support.
Applications will be considered by a Committee to assess equivalence of qualifications and experience. The Committee's decision on eligibility for membership is final.
All new Members are entitled to use the post-nominal MFTM RCPS(Glasg), and will be invited to attend a formal admission ceremony, currently held twice a year in Glasgow. This is just one of many practical professional, educational, financial and lifestyle membership benefits which we offer to our Members.
Current members of the Faculty require one sponsor. All other applicants require two sponsors. Sponsors must be a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in good standing and must not be a relative of the applicant.
All applications for Fellowship should be supported by evidence to assist the decision making process. This may include some or all of the following:
- five years' experience (or equivalent) in travel medicine or a related discipline
- portfolio of evidence demonstrating a commitment to travel medicine
- significant contributions as a first author or contributing author of article(s) relating to travel medicine in a peer reviewed or non-peer reviewed journal.
- regular peer review of published travel medicine articles
- input to national, regional, international bodies (advisory/consultant capacity) in the context of travel medicine
- seniority, prominence in providing services or running specialist departments
- regular teaching, lecturing at Diploma/Certificate level or speaking at international/national conferences
The College's Fellowship Committee meets at least 4 times a year to review all applications. The Committee's decision on admission or elevation to fellowship is final.
All successful applicants will be required to pay a joining fee (currently £240). This fee is waived for existing Members. Fellows also pay an annual subscription fee which varies depending on geographic location and possession of medical or non-medical qualifications.
Following admission or elevation to Fellowship, you will be entitled to use the post-nominal, FTM RCPS(Glasg). This is just one of many practical professional, educational, financial and lifestyle membership benefits which we offer to our Fellows. For further information please contact email@example.com.
For an application to be considered complete, please see the below checklist of requirements. In order for your application to be fully assessed, these required fields must be completed. If required fields have been omitted, your admission to the College could be delayed until all outstanding fields have been clarified:
- Name (including title)
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Home address
- Place of work, work address & work contact details
- Job title
- Primary qualification; date awarded and name of awarding institution
- Declaration fields
- Sponsor(s) as required (If sponsors are not with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, please advise with which Royal College they are a Fellow in good standing with and include their PID number)
In addition to the above fields within the application form, we must receive the following documents along with your application:
- Evidence of primary qualification (and any other supporting evidence)
- An up-to-date CV