Share your examples from a typical working day/shift. What rest and food was available or not, and how did you manage. Examples of the types of content you could provide are:
- How many hours were you on your feet? Did you find a place to rest? If so, where?
- Did you eat during your shift? Did you bring food with you? Or buy it somewhere in the hospital? What type of food is available to you? Hot/cold? Nutritious?
- Did you rely on the kindness of others – what did this mean to you?
- Any other examples that you believe may resonate with people and really bring to light the reality of working without access to basic rest and food and/or what a difference it makes when these services are provided.
The type of content that works well includes:
- Short video pieces, which can be shot on your phone
- Photographs that show where you rested/what you ate (please ensure your place of work or brands are not identifiable)
- Written submissions that tell the story/experience in your own words
The style of submissions should ideally be personal – a first-hand account of your experience.