Applications are invited from those of consultant status wishing to be considered for a limited number of vacancies on the Panel of Examiners for the following Intercollegiate Specialty Fellowship Examinations:
- Dental Public Health
- Oral Medicine
- Oral Surgery
- Paediatric Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
- Fellow of one of the four Surgical Royal Colleges
- Must hold/have held a substantive consultant/honorary consultant position within the past 5 years. Experience in a locum post will not be considered.
- Engaged in active clinical practice in the UK or Ireland
- Able to commit to completing a full term of office i.e. 5 years plus additional time required to complete appropriate examiner training
- Active in postgraduate training/education/teaching
- Have experience of examining in postgraduate dental examinations
- In good standing with the relevant Surgical Royal College
- In good standing with the United Kingdom General Dental Council and not currently under any investigation
- Possession of a CCST or equivalent is desirable.
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria, examiners must show commitment to:
- High professional standards as an examiner, including an understanding of appropriate techniques and a policy of courtesy, fairness and non-discrimination towards all candidates
- High professional standards in teaching, including an ability and positive attitude towards teaching
- Commitment to the examination process, i.e. honouring commitments to write questions and attend examinations, except in exceptional circumstances
- Commitment to ongoing assessment, training and development as an examiner.
- General Requirements
- Examiners must attend a training day prior to examining
- Examiners whose period of tenure extends beyond 5 years (whether on the Panel or the Board) will be required to attend a further examiner training day
- Examiners must supply questions as requested by the Board Chair
- Any examiner who is on the panel should not provide coaching to candidates after the closing date of the relevant examination
Successful applicants will be required to attend an ISFE Training Day before examining.
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2022
Applicants should submit the application form completed in full, with accompanying C.V.
For an informal conversion about the examiner role or application process contact:
Secretariat to the Intercollegiate Specialty Fellowship Boards
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
T: 0141 221 6072 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org