35 hours per week Salary grade 3 – £24,404.95 per annum September 2023
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is a worldwide community of inspiring health professionals working together to advance the profession and improve patient care. Together we’re a force for good, determined to make a positive difference, and passionate about speaking up for the profession
Our community is made up of the expertise and experience of our 15,000+ outstanding, hardworking members, supported by over 100 College staff. Together, our clinicians, all of whom give their time freely to the work of the College, and staff are committed to providing an innovative, relevant and inspiring programme of activity across the College, with the ultimate aim of enhancing patient safety.
With care and compassion at our core, our work is guided by our values of inclusivity, integrity, community, innovation, and inspiring, and we are committed to living these values and behaviours through the way we work and interact with each other.
The College promotes an agile, flexible workforce and while this is a full‐time post, applications from individuals seeking part‐time, job‐ share, or flexible working arrangements are welcome.
The College has introduced hybrid working which enables employees to work from both their home and in the College. As part of this arrangement, employees will be required to spend at least 50% of their working time in the College, with the days being subject to the needs of the business. The Role
Reporting to the Creative Manager, the Graphic Designer is responsible for the production of marketing and promotional material; managing print requirements, and maintaining the design and print schedule. The graphic designer also assists in all aspects of brand development across multiple platforms to ensure consistency of positioning and quality. About You
The post-holder will require the following:
- A degree level education or equivalent experience in graphic design
- Three years’ experience in a graphic design role with a proactive approach to their work
- Fluent in Adobe CC core applications: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Working knowledge of After Effects; video production is desirable
- Print production management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
- Working knowledge of website design and html is desirable
- Experience of email marketing platforms (preferably DotDigital) is desirable
- Excellent planning, communication and organisational skills
- Quick thinker with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment to strict deadlines
- Evidence of accuracy and high attention to detail in their work, with exceptional typesetting and layout skills
- Enthusiasm, energy and a willingness to bring fresh ideas to the role, helping the team to develop and move the College brand forward in a positive and exciting way
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to a range of tasks
How to apply
- 40 days holiday
- Life Assurance Benefit
- Enhanced Sick Pay, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
- Wellbeing Benefit
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Successful candidates will have the requisite ability and experience to meet the specific requirements of the post. If you believe you have the skills to be part of our team then apply by submitting your CV, with a covering letter and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form (available from our website) via S1jobs.
The closing date is Thursday 21 September at 12 noon. However, we will assess applications as they are received and call successful applicants for interview. Therefore, the closing date may be brought forward without notice.
If you have any queries, please contact: HR@rcpsg.ac.uk