The Royal College Membership Diploma in Travel Medicine incorporates an exam preparatory course and two-part examination: success in the examination leads to Membership of the Faculty of Travel Medicine.
The exam preparatory course incorporates a one-week residential component followed by 27 weeks of online learning. Participants are expected to invest about 10 hours of study a week to gain the level of knowledge required to achieve the best possible chance of success in the examination.
Part A and Part B of the Membership of the Faculty of Travel Medicine (MFTM) examination will take place within a few days of each other, enabling those completing the course to plan and coordinate travel arrangements.
Course participants will be registered as Affiliate Members of the Faculty for the duration of their studies, progressing to Membership status on successful completion of the exam. Ongoing annual subscription fees will be payable to maintain Membership status.
The next course will commence on 20 May 2019.
Fee for the 2019 course and entry to Part A and Part B examinations: £3,650
To register you interest, contact TMeducation@rcpsg.ac.uk.
- Research, critical analysis and study skills
- Risk assessment; providing a travel service
- Women and children travellers; female genital mutilation (FGM)
- Travellers with underlying health problems; flying; cruise travel
- Sun; altitude; effects of cold; expeditions and adventure travel
- Impact of tourism on host countries; global health
- Accidents; swimming; snorkelling and scuba diving
- Psychological issues; migrant help; medical tourism
- The returned traveller
Four day residential week incorporating:-
- Lectures from experts in the field
- Interactive workshops
- Personal advisor introductions
- Introduction to online learning resources
- Examination techniques
- Case studies
- Compiling a portfolio
- 12 modules
- Optional written assignments
- Compilation of a portfolio
- Practice multiple choice questions
- Case studies
- Reflective practice
- Personal advisor
- Access to the College library and resources
- Access to the TRAVAX website
Fee for the 2017 course and entry to Part A and Part B examinations: £3,650