A Healthier Future
08 Feb 2018
The College has responded to the Scottish Government’s consultation to address poor diet and obesity in Scotland.
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow welcomes the Scottish Government’s consultation: “A Healthier Future – Action and Ambitions on Diet, Activity, and Healthy Weight”, and supports the Scottish Government in taking action to address poor diet and obesity in Scotland.
In our submission, the College:
– Supports a range of preventative measures to promote a healthy diet and actions to promote good physical health across Scotland
– Stressed to government that care must be taken to ensure that messages are well understood by the public and targeted groups, and that measures are put in place to ensure that any unintended consequences are addressed
– Called for additional measures to promote the maternal health of teenage mothers
The College’s full submission to the consultation can be found on the consultations page of our website.
Latest news and statements
Key priority areas
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Climate Change
- Health Inequalities
- Today’s health news headlines
- Policy reports and publications
- Policy network
- VOICE magazine
Tweets by @rcpsglasgow