Cosmetic Surgery Certification Scheme has been refreshed to better suit your needs
28 Jul 2020
The Cosmetic Surgery Certification Scheme, which has been redeveloped by and is supported by all four surgical Royal Colleges alongside the relevant specialty associations, will provide you with accreditation for key competencies, demonstrating your expertise to patients and ultimately helping to make the cosmetic surgery industry safer.
The Cosmetic Surgery Certification Scheme, has been redeveloped. The Scheme is supported by all four surgical Royal Colleges alongside the relevant specialty associations and will provide you with accreditation for key competencies, demonstrating your expertise to patients and ultimately helping to make the cosmetic surgery industry safer.
The scheme is now more affordable than ever, with the online certification application fee only £650. Applicants will be required to attend a mandatory masterclass, for which there will be an additional cost.
The refreshed scheme also provides a new intercollegiate, user-friendly and time-saving application portal where you are able to:
- Access improved application guidelines and resources
- Apply for multiple certificates in a single application, or a single certificate that covers all ten areas
- Submit evidence flexibly and in your own time
How to get certified
Certification is open to all surgeons who are on the GMC specialist register, perform cosmetic surgery and are in a relevant surgical specialty. There are ten available areas of certification. To gain certification, simply:
- Submit your application and accompanying evidence via the online portal
- Attend the new virtual masterclass – get in contact for more information
Following successful completion you will be added to a public list of certified surgeons and receive a certification certificate.
Latest news and statements
Key priority areas
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Climate Change
- Health Inequalities
- Today’s health news headlines
- Policy reports and publications
- Policy network
- VOICE magazine
Tweets by @rcpsglasgow