Within your first three years of post-registration training you may be thinking about undertaking the MFDS examinations and, potentially, your application to specialty training. At this stage in your career, the Faculty of Dental Surgery provides professional support and development as you make important decisions for your future career.
As an affiliate member you can access the Dental Update app for free, with peer reviewed content and verifiable CPD. Membership also offers you the opportunity to:
- Develop your knowledge of the specialties and hear from leading dental professionals at discounted educational events
- Prepare for success in your MFDS with our MFDS Part 2 revision course - MFDS part 2 is open to anyone who has completed MFDS or MJDF part 1 (and has 12 month clinical experience)
- Help spread the cost of exams with our unique MFDS package
- Develop your research skills funded by our TC White scholarship and awards
- Receive informal advice about a particular specialty from our virtual network of specialist dental professionals; contact us to find out more
If you decide to continue specialty training we also offer additional funding for learning, access to local mentoring and a range of post-graduate exams and assessments.