Salary Scale – Grade 3 - £24,404.95 per annum
35 hours per week
The College supports hybrid working practices including working from home, however, regular attendance at meetings in Glasgow city centre would also be a requirement of the role.
We are looking for a Membership Support Officer to join our Membership and Engagement team.
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is a worldwide community of inspiring health professionals working together to advance the profession and improve patient care. Together we’re a force for good, determined to make a positive difference, and passionate about speaking up for the profession.
Our community is made up of the expertise and experience of our 15,000+ outstanding, hardworking members, supported by over 100 College staff.
With care and compassion at our core, our work is guided by our values of inclusivity, integrity, community, innovation, and inspiring, and we are committed to living these values and behaviours through the way we work and interact with each other. The College promotes an agile, flexible workforce and while this is a full‐time post, applications from individuals seeking part‐time, job‐ share, or flexible working arrangements are welcome.
Reporting to the Membership Support Manager, the Membership Support Officer will communicate with members to deliver a first-class, high value experience through a range of advice and support services, by supporting new members with the joining process, understanding individual member needs, signposting relevant products and services and effectively supporting members who are considering leaving.
S/he will be a highly effective communicator and knowledgeable on the career pathways and membership benefits for clinicians at all career stages.
S/he will also have a close working relationship with the other teams across the College providing seamless and effortless customer service for members and prospective members.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering great customer service
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal & influencing skills
- Track record of working to targets/KPIs
- Experience working in a customer/member support role
- Experience building and maintaining relationships, driving engagement and retention and cross-selling/signposting
- Good planning and organisational skills including attention to detail
- Experience with CRM databases
- Excellent IT skills including the use of databases and Microsoft Office
- Evidence of good and effective team working
- Knowledge of digital communication channels e.g. Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledge of survey monkey or equivalent software package
- Knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Discretion and sensitivity are essential
- A degree level qualification or minimum 12 months experience in a similar role
As well as a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
- 40 days holiday
- Life assurance benefit
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Wellbeing benefit
- Cycle to work scheme
The closing date is Monday 12 June 2023 at 12 noon. It is anticipated that interviews will be held during week commencing 13th June 2023. However, we will assess applications as they are received and the closing date may be brought forward without notice.
Application is by covering letter, CV and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form.
If you have any queries please contact HR@rcpsg.ac.uk or access the recruitment package at http://rcp.sg/careers.