The MRCS OSCE is an essential achievement for completion of core surgical training and is a mandatory element for progression to higher specialty training.
The MRCS OSCE exam is open to anyone who has passed the MRCS Parts 1 and 2 or Part A written exam.
You are allowed only four attempts to pass the MRCS OSCE exam, so it is important to be prepared. Our comprehensive OSCE preparation course, Associate in Training membership package and convenient examination locations have been developed to suit you as you work towards this major milestone in your career as a surgeon.
MRCS OSCE examination
Our professionally run Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) incorporates 20 stations in five areas:
- Applied knowledge: Anatomy and surgical pathology
- Applied knowledge: Applied surgical science
- Applied knowledge: critical care
- Applied skills: Communication skills in giving and receiving information and history taking
- Applied skills: Clinical and procedural skills
MRCS OSCE revision course
Our 2-day prep course incorporates: The course combines independent online learning with a one day course of classroom based scenarios and a mock OSCE exam held in the Glasgow Exam Centre with current senior examiners.MRCS Part B OSCE preparation course
Tailored to suit surgical trainees in core training, the early years of specialty training, or on an academic break who have yet to complete MRCS.
Membership benefits include:
- Discounts on a range of educational events including surgical skills training and surgical symposia.
- Online, distance and onsite library resources
- Access to a range of scholarships and awards
- Reduced fees for those working less than full time or on parental leave
- Option to combine JCST fees and annual subscription into a monthly payment plan