As a Scottish trainee, you can now attend multiple specialist conferences for a one-off study leave payment of £100.
The Scotland Deanery, for all trainee regions (North, East, South-East, and West), can facilitate attendance by a SpR or ST3+ in a medical specialty and public health, or an ST1/ST2 doctor undertaking CMT or ACCS at any eligible event in the College’s main education programme for a one-off payment of £100 from the study leave budget.
You can then attend as many other eligible Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow conferences as you wish during that academic session (September to August) without any further charge. The block grant scheme does not apply to any courses or conferences unless specified. Please note for extremely popular conferences there will be a limited number of these free places available on they will strictly be a first come first serve basis.
Please check the fees section of the conference web page to see if the block grant fee option is available.
Applying for your Block Grant I.D. using Turas
When applying for study leave for eligible Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow conferences, you should NOT request funding on Turas. Requests for funding will be reviewed as "approved without funding" as approvals with funding automatically generate claim forms to be sent to you, which isn't appropriate in this case.
- Apply for the symposia you wish to attend on Turas before the start date of leave (conference date)
- Add "Block Grant" to the event title that you enter on Turas
- Turas will generate an I.D. number
- You can reuse this I.D. number for the whole academic year (August to June) whenever booking our selected conferences.
- Remember you still need to book your individual study leave via TURAS for each event but we just need your I.D. from the first one of the academic year.
- When a new academic year starts you will need to apply again and supply us with a new I.D. number