25 hours per week
5 days over 7
Salary – Grade 2 - £14,170 (£19,838 FTE)
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is a worldwide community of inspiring health professionals working together to advance the profession and improve patient care. Together we’re a force for good, determined to make a positive difference, and passionate about speaking up for the profession.
Our community is made up of the expertise and experience of our 15,000+ outstanding, hardworking members, supported by over 120 College staff. Together, our clinicians, all of whom give their time freely to the work of the College, and staff are committed to providing an innovative, relevant and inspiring programme of activity across the College, with the ultimate aim of enhancing patient safety.
With care and compassion at our core, our work is guided by our values of inclusivity, integrity, community, innovation, and inspiration, and we are committed to living these values and behaviours through the way we work and interact with each other.
To maintain high levels of cleanliness in College public rooms, clinical skills labs and office accommodation.
- The Domestic cleaning team are an integral part of the Operations Department and are required to clean and prepare all public areas, office accommodation and clinical skills areas within College.
- Using appropriate powered appliances and other provided cleaning and materials equipment, the post holder will be required to clean the College premises to a high standard, following a daily cleaning schedule.
- Duties will at times include sweeping, damp mopping and wiping, dusting, vacuuming, and polishing
- The role also requires regular cleaning of stairs and carpeted areas, ablution areas, topping up of toilet requisites and cleaning of all sanitary ware.
- The post holder will be required to report any discovered Health and Safety issues or damage to College property to the Facilities Manager.
- The post holder will also partake in regular deep cleaning and will be required to participate in major cleaning activities such as internal window cleaning, the scrubbing, stripping and resealing of polished floors, attending to light fittings, wiping down walled areas, blinds and upholstery.
- The post holder will also be required to shampoo carpets and carpet tiles, training will be provided for this task.
The majority of working hours will be Monday – Friday between the hours of 07.00 – 18.00, however at times there will be a requirement to work evenings or on a weekend to support College activities. The post holder must be willing to work flexible hours and have the ability to adapt to changes quickly and efficiently.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Set Required
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to follow instruction
- Adaptable to change and possess a willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Previous Domestic cleaning experience with some knowledge of hazard analysis and Health and Safety at work procedures would be desirable for this post however training can be provided.
As well as a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
- 40 days holiday
- Generous pension scheme
- Life Assurance Benefit
- Enhanced Sick Pay, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
- Wellbeing Benefit
- Cycle to Work Scheme
How to Apply
Successful candidates will have the requisite ability and experience to meet the specific requirements of the post. If you believe you have the skills then apply by submitting your CV, with a covering letter and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form to S1jobs
The closing date is Friday 31 January 2023 at 17:00. However, we will assess applications as they are received and call successful applicants for interview. Therefore, the closing date may be brought forward without notice.