A number of organisations provide wellbeing guidance and support. Some links are provided below. If you know of additional services that may be added here, please let us know at email@example.com.
- BMA Counselling Service - Confidential 24/7 counselling and peer support services open to all doctors and medical students.
- The Wellbeing Hub - a partnership between national, local and professional bodies with a shared passion for looking after the emotional and psychological wellbeing of Scotland’s health and social services workers.
- The Joyful Doctor - Support service for doctors through coaching, wellbeing, workshops and online courses.
- Practitioner Health program - Practitioner Health is a free, confidential NHS service for doctors and dentists across England with mental illness and addiction problems, who are working or looking to return to clinical practice.
- Mental Health Foundation - The charity Mental Health Foundation is offering their free SHOUT text support service to all NHS staff who are experiencing distress. See ‘Do you need urgent help?’ section.
- Scottish Association for Mental Health
- Civility Saves Lives
Online courses and content
- Stress Control - Free online stress control course, including videos and other resources, by Stress Control Limited in collaboration with NHS England, IAPT, NHS Wales, Department of Health Northern Ireland, HSE and NHS Scotland.
- Coaching for Wellbeing - a digital coaching service for all health and social care staff.
- World Health Organization - Series of messages developed by the WHO Department of Mental Health and Substance Use that can be used in communications to support mental and psychosocial well-being in different target groups during the outbreak.
- Living with Worry and Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty - Free guide by Psychology Tools ‘Living with worry and anxiety amidst global uncertainty’ to help you to manage your worry and anxiety in these uncertain times.
- GMC - GMC Health and wellbeing page, including Covid FAQs.
- Mind ‘Food and Mood’ – Information on the relationship between what you eat and how you feel.
- Association of Anaesthetists Fight Fatigue campaign
- Staying safe - StayingSafe.net offers compassion, kindness and easy ways to help keep people safer from thoughts of harm and suicide, seek support and discover hope of recovery through powerful videos from people with personal experience. Jointly funded by NHS England, the website provides vital ‘Safety Plan' guidance tools with easy to print online templates and guidance video tutorials.
- United to Prevent Suicide is a social movement of people from all across Scotland, who are united in a shared belief that each and every one of us has a role to play in preventing suicide.
- Understanding Suicide and Suicide Prevention Strategies in a Global Context is a free course to develop and understanding of suicide risk factors and ways to help prevent it.
Mindfulness and meditation
- Ten Per Cent - Ten Per Cent Happier is a meditation resource offering NHS workers free access to meditations, podcasts, blog posts, and talks, to help you build resilience and find some calm amidst the chaos.
- Headspace - Access to guided meditations, animations, articles and videos, all in the distinct Headspace style. NHS professionals can also gain access to Headspace Plus free of charge.