Our Online Library is available to Fellows and Members of the College. You can get access to full-text articles, book chapters, mobile apps and much more all via The Knowledge Network. To access this content you will need an Athens Account. Contact email@example.com for details on how to apply or log-in to the Members area of the College website.
What would I change? A fairer, more humane and compassionate world. This would mean care from cradle to grave, Universal Health Coverage for all, communities of learning, practice and growth
Mhoira Edith Fay Leng
About the Knowledge Network
Through the library's partnership with NHS Education for Scotland, Fellows and Members of the College have access to the Knowledge Network, a platform which brings together a diverse collection of over 12 million information resources and learning tools for health professionals.
The Knowledge Network enables its users to search for resources from one single place and provides a number of tools to help you find this information as quickly and easily as possible:
- Journals - Search for journal titles and full text articles. Key titles include the BMJ, Lancet, Scottish Medical Journal, British Dental Journal, Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease, and Foot and Ankle Clinics.
- Bibliographic Databases - These provide more detailed search options ideal for complex literature searches. Key databases include Ovid, EBSCO, CINHAL, and ScienceDirect.
- eBooks - Get access to some of the most recent medical textbooks including Oxford handbooks, Oxford textbooks, and Stockley's drug interactions.
- Keep Up To Date - News alerts, current awareness bulletins and Table of Contents services.
- Point of Care - Access key resources such as BMJ Best Practice to help support clinical decisions at point of care. Online training for these services is also available.
- Apps - get free apps for your mobile or tablet including BNF, NICE and SIGN Guidelines.
The Knowledge Network also provides a Communities resource. This enables people with a common interest to create their own secure web space where they can share resources, experience and expertise.
Our College eBook Collection is available to all members of the College and can be accessed by logging-in to the members area of the College website and going to the "My Membership Benefits" section where you’ll find a link to all our eBooks.
The College eBook collection reflects our diverse membership covering topics in medicine, surgery, dentistry, travel medicine and podiatry. You’ll also find books on medical law, non-clinical skills and revision guides.
We’re always adding to this collection and are keen to get suggestions for books – we really want the collection to reflect the needs of College members. If you have a suggestion for a book please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taking an eLearning course via the College? If you’re a member we may be able to help you find and access resources and reading material for your course. You could also benefit from an Athens account which gives you access to a wide range of online resources to support your learning. Please contact email@example.com for details on how to apply for your Athens username and password.