The Tuanku Fauziah Fellowship in Rural Medicine.
Members, Fellows (higher medical trainees and substantive Consultants within 2 years of first appointment).
Applicants must have trained in the United Kingdom.
24 November 2023
The Fellowship provides funding for travel to Malaysia to gain further experience and training in rural Medicine.
Applicants will either be:
- Physicians within two years their first appointment to a Substantive Consultant post, to enable them to study in centres with particular expertise relating to the rural Medicine;
- Physicians making short visits to learn new medical techniques, or to work in centres developing a rural Medicine service;
- Physicians who are Higher Medical Trainees who have not yet attained Consultant grade.
Applicants must have trained, in the United Kingdom.
The College of Physicians of Malaysia (COPM) will work in collaboration with MAAIMUSS to assist with local arrangements, including accommodation, and will coordinate placements at Ministry of Health’s hospitals and health clinics in rural settings.
The duration of the placement will be two weeks. Travel must be undertaken after the award is made in February 2024. Retrospective requests for grants will be not considered.
Download and complete the application form and return the completed form to the address given. Make sure to include in your application:
- A brief curriculum vitae (two pages maximum)
- A letter of support from the applicant’s supervisor or clinical director
- Confirmation of acceptance by the centres to be visited
- References to be enclosed with the application
The successful applicant will be expected to write a full report upon completion. They might be invited to present their findings at one of the symposia during the COPM Annual Scientific Congress. Reports may be published here on the website and are retained in the College library.