Ethicon Foundation Fund Travelling Fellowship
Fellows and Members in a higher training post
Maximum per award. Higher awards considered in exceptional circumstances
02 March 2021
April and November annually
The objective of the Ethicon Foundation Fund Travelling Fellowship, established through the generosity of Ethicon Limited, is to promote international goodwill in medicine and surgery by means of grants to assist the overseas travel of surgeons.
The following conditions for the receipt of an award apply:
- Applicants must be MRCS(Glasg) or FRCS(Glasg) and in a higher training post in the UK, or equivalent elsewhere in the world.
- The proposed work experience, research or other study should be of clear benefit to the individual's training and to the NHS- or equivalent- on return.
- Periods abroad should generally be between 1-12 months.
- Awards will not be given for the sole purpose of attending meetings, or conferences to present papers or for undertaking a series of brief visits to multiple centres.
Download and complete the application form and return the completed form to the address given. Make sure to include in your application:
- Your CV
- A signed letter of support from your current supervisor
- A signed letter from the centre you will be visiting confirming that you are welcome
If successful you will be required to submit a report within two months of completing the scholarship. Reports may be published here on this website, and are retained in the college library.