Ethicon Foundation Fund Travelling Fellowship
Fellows and Members in a higher training post
Maximum per award x 2 granted annually (higher awards considered in exceptional circumstances).
24 April 2024
The objective of the Ethicon Foundation Fund Travelling Fellowship, established through the generosity of Ethicon Limited, is to promote international goodwill in medicine and surgery by means of grants to assist the overseas travel of surgeons.
The following conditions for the receipt of an award apply:
- Applicants must be MRCS(Glasg) or FRCS(Glasg) and in a higher training post in the UK, or equivalent elsewhere in the world.
- The proposed work experience, research or other study should be of clear benefit to the individual's training and to the NHS- or equivalent- on return.
- Periods abroad should generally be between 1-12 months.
- Awards will not be given for the sole purpose of attending meetings, or conferences to present papers or for undertaking a series of brief visits to multiple centres.
All applications must be prospective; no award will be made retrospectively e.g. if your proposal is taking place in 2024, you must submit your application by the closing date of 24 November 2023. This is to ensure all applications are ready for review, which takes place in January annually. If your fellowship is taking place in 2023, the deadline has passed as these applications were reviewed in January 2023.
Download and complete the application form and return the completed form to the address given. Make sure to include in your application:
- Your CV
- A signed letter of support from your current supervisor
- A signed letter from the centre you will be visiting confirming that you are welcome
If successful you will be required to submit a report within two months of completing the scholarship. Reports may be published here on this website, and are retained in the college library.