Salary grade 3 - £24,404.95 (pro rata) 1 x 0.8 FTE (28 hours per week, Permanent - £19,523.96)
1 x 0.6 FTE (21 hours per week, Permanent - £14,642.97)
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is a worldwide community of inspiring health professionals working together to advance the profession and improve patient care. Together we’re a force for good, determined to make a positive difference, and passionate about speaking up for the profession.
Our community is made up of the expertise and experience of our 15,000+ outstanding, hardworking members, supported by over 100 College staff. Together, our clinicians, all of whom give their time freely to the work of the College, and staff are committed to providing an innovative, relevant and inspiring programme of activity across the College, with the ultimate aim of enhancing patient safety.
With care and compassion at our core, our work is guided by our values of inclusivity, integrity, community, innovation, and inspiring, and we are committed to living these values and behaviours through the way we work and interact with each other. The College promotes an agile, flexible workforce and while this is a full‐time post, applications from individuals seeking part‐time, job‐ share, or flexible working arrangements are welcome.
Reporting through the ISFE Examinations Manager to the Deputy Head of Assessment and Director of Education and Assessment, the ISFE Examinations Administrator provides an examination administration service for postgraduate Intercollegiate Specialty Fellowship Examinations (ISFE) in dental specialties. A clear grasp of the full range of examination requirements, in the context of national assessment standards, needs to be developed. The role involves planning and working both independently and as a team member and requires strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent with relevant administrative experience of 3 years’ duration is essential
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Word and a working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and PowerPoint is essential, as is a familiarity with modern office and IT systems
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. GDPR)
- Understanding of the Medical/Educational/Public sector or not-for-profit environment
- Knowledge of quality assurance and maintenance of standards in relation to examinations
- Demonstrable experience of organising examinations or events including; all logistical arrangements as well as examiner engagement and marking/results processing is desirable
- Additional hours need to be worked in accordance with the demands of the Unit’s business activities, including meetings and examinations. Meetings may require attendance in the evening and exams may require early morning attendance at centres and/or later finishes.
- The post holder will be required to travel within the UK and internationally, therefore periods away from home are necessary.
- Attendance in the office is a requirement for some aspects of exam preparation
The full job description can be found on our website.
- 40 days holiday
- Life Assurance Benefit
- Enhanced Sick Pay, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
- Wellbeing Benefit
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Successful candidates will have the requisite ability and experience to meet the specific requirements of the post. If you believe you have the skills to be part of our team then apply by submitting your CV, with a covering letter and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form (available from our website) via
The closing date is Friday 24th November 2023 at 12 noon. However, we will assess applications as they are received and call successful applicants for an interview. Therefore, the closing date may be brought forward without notice. We anticipate interviews will be held on 30th November or 1st December 2023.
If you have any queries, please contact: HR@rcpsg.ac.uk