The Specialist Advisory Committee in Dental Public Health respectively recommends their curricula and assessments to the General Dental Council (GDC). It strives to provide a comprehensive, structured and balanced specialist training programme. By working in conjunction with the Deaneries and other key stakeholders, the SAC ensures that their trainees satisfactorily complete their prescribed programme of choice. The SAC reports directly to the Joint Committee of Postgraduate Training in Dentistry.
The Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is currently seeking one nomination to fill a vacancy on the SAC in Dental Public Health.
- Current Fellow of this Faculty;
- Active in postgraduate training and engaged in clinical practice;
- On the Specialist List in Dental Public Health;
- In good standing with the GDC and not currently under investigation.
- Good knowledge of specialist training within the appropriate Specialty;
- Able to complete term of office before retirement.
Roles and Responsibilities
Nominees should attend SAC meetings twice a year, normally held in February and September, at the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Travel expenses will be paid for by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow. A brief report of each meeting should be submitted to the Dental Executive Board.
Term of Office
The term of office will be for five years, non-renewable.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send in your full CV together with an expression of interest (stating your reasons) to: email@example.com.
30 November 2021