Location – North East England
As a Fellow or Member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, you are already part of a growing community of over 15,000 healthcare professionals, who are passionate about patient care, and are leading and influencing the future of our profession.
Our influential network of Regional Advisors are ambassadors who help promote the unique values of our College, and are able to explain who we are, what we stand for and what we do to a new generation of clinicians across the UK and Ireland.
Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team, and with direction and support from the College, the Regional Advisor will raise the profile and awareness of the College and endorse the benefits of membership in their locality. They will also develop a local network of College members who can work together and support each other in promoting College activities.
A vacancy for this post now exists in the following geographical location:
Role and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Regional Advisor are to:
- act as a local College ambassador and advocate, by sharing locally, who we are and what we stand for
- promote and publicise the range of examinations offered by the College, encouraging local clinicians to apply through the College to sit these examinations
- promote and publicise the range of education, activities, services and facilities offered by the College
- identify and recruit new members to the College and encourage applications for Fellowship, acting as sponsor where appropriate
- provide advice, guidance and support to Members and Fellows locally
- identify opportunities to raise the profile of the College in your region, and opportunities to support local or regional education/teaching programmes
Our Regional Advisors will be Fellows or Members of the College in good standing. They will have a proven commitment to education, training and/or examinations and be able to demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and professional expertise towards this important representative role.
Those successful in securing the role of Regional Advisor may not perform any similar promotional or governance role for any other medical or surgical Royal College and must disclose memberships of, or affiliations with, all other Colleges.
Communication and Reporting
The Regional Advisors will be accountable to College Council through the Honorary Secretary and Head of Membership and Global Engagement. The Regional Advisors will work closely with, and be supported by, Office Bearers and College staff.
The term of office will be 3 years, with the option to extend for a further 3 years.
The post of Regional Advisor is voluntary although all reasonable expenses associated with the role will be paid by the College in line with our normal policies and procedures.
To apply, please submit an up-to-date CV and cover letter (max 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recruitment is ongoing and applications will be considered upon receipt.