Location – Scotland North
As a Fellow or Member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, you are already part of a growing community of over 15,000 healthcare professionals, who are passionate about patient care, and are leading and influencing the future of our profession.
Established in May 2012, and now with members worldwide, the Faculty of Podiatric Medicine wishes to expand its UK membership through the provision of local support, advice, guidance and the delivery of high quality education, training and examinations. A key element in support of this growth strategy is the development of an active and engaged network of regional advisors across the UK, particularly in the regions where undergraduate study in podiatric medicine is available.
A vacancy for this post exists for the north of Scotland.
Role and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the regional advisor are to:
- act as a local Faculty ambassador and advocate, by sharing locally, who we are and what we stand for
- identify and recruit new members to the Faculty encouraging those eligible to apply for Fellowship and acting as sponsor where appropriate
- develop, promote and facilitate College/Faculty educational activities locally
- promote and publicise the range of activities and services offered by the College
- provide post graduate support to podiatrists early in their careers
- liaise with undergraduate programme leaders
- provide advice, guidance, support and networking opportunities to Fellows and Members locally
The Faculty of Podiatric Medicine regional advisor will normally be a Fellow or Member of the Faculty in good standing. They will have a proven commitment to education, training and/or assessment and be able to demonstrate leadership, initiative, enthusiasm and professional expertise towards this important representative role.
Communication and Reporting
The Faculty of Podiatric Medicine regional advisor will be accountable to the Faculty of Podiatric Medicine Executive Board through the Faculty Dean and the Director of Membership and Engagement.
The regional advisor will work closely with, and be supported by, Office Bearers and staff across College.
The term of office will be three years with the option to apply for a further term of three years.
The post of regional advisor is voluntary although all reasonable expenses associated with the role will be paid by the College in line with our normal policies and procedures.
To apply, please submit an up-to-date CV and cover letter (max 500 words) to email@example.com
Recruitment for this post is ongoing and applications will be considered upon receipt.