35 hours per week
Salary Scale Grade 4 – £27,377
The College supports hybrid working practices including working from home, however regular attendance at meetings in Glasgow city centre would also be a requirement of the role.
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is a worldwide community of inspiring health professionals working together to advance the profession and improve patient care. Together we’re a force for good, determined to make a positive difference, and passionate about speaking up for the profession.
Our community is made up of the expertise and experience of our 15,000+ outstanding, hardworking members, supported by over 100 College staff. Together, our clinicians, all of whom give their time freely to the work of the College, and staff are committed to providing an innovative, relevant and inspiring programme of activity across the College, with the ultimate aim of enhancing patient safety.
With care and compassion at our core, our work is guided by our values of inclusivity, integrity, community, innovation, and inspiring, and we are committed to living these values and behaviours through the way we work and interact with each other. The College promotes an agile, flexible workforce and while this is a full‐time post, applications from individuals seeking part‐time, job‐ share, or flexible working arrangements are welcome.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance and Question Bank (QAQB) Manager, provide support in managing the quality assurance activity and examination question banks of the Assessment Unit and to ensure academic quality and standards are maintained. This includes creation of exam papers, supporting standard setting activity, examiner training and candidate appeals in line with appropriate policies. Assist in planning staffing cover for QAQB activity, and provide guidance and support to examination administrators allocated to exam paper preparation activity. To assist in providing support to the Director of Education and Assessment and the Deputy Head of Assessment on all aspects of quality assurance activity, and to deputise for the QAQB Manager as appropriate.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Set Required:
The post-holder will require the following:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Relevant administrative experience of at least three years’ duration
- Ability to assimilate relevant guidance and information and make evidence-based recommendations
- Excellent communication skills with a clear grasp of appropriate spelling and grammar
- Excellent proof-reading skills
- Thorough knowledge of IT systems, particularly Excel, and database management
- Knowledge and experience of relevant legislation (e.g. GDPR, Equality Act)
- Strong planning ability: experience of handling multiple projects simultaneously, working to deadlines while delivering high quality output
- Significant attention to detail
The following are desirable:
- Experience of proof reading
- Experience of examination activities including involvement in development and delivery of examination papers would be an advantage
The full job description can be found on our website.
40 days holiday
Life Assurance Benefit
Enhanced Sick Pay, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
Cycle to Work Scheme
Successful candidates will have the requisite ability and experience to meet the specific requirements of the post. If you believe you have the skills to be part of our team then apply by submitting your CV, with a covering letter and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form to S1jobs.
The closing date is Friday 01 July 2022 at 12:00. It is anticipated that interviews will be held in person on Friday 08 July 2022.
Previous applicants do not need to re-apply.
If you have any queries please contact HR@rcpsg.ac.uk.
A Charity Registered in Scotland: Charity Registration Number SC000847