New ordinary members are currently required for the Medical Education Board (MEB).
Meeting 4 times per year, the Medical Education Board helps to shape the annual medical education programme delivered by College, providing leadership, support and guidance in the provision of post-graduate education and professional development for physicians.
Joining the Medical Education Board will give you an opportunity to participate in College life, develop and participate in educational events and will also enhance your CV and professional portfolio.
In the role, you will work with the Vice President (Medical), Director of Medical Education and the other board members to develop new educational activity, assess proposals and review previous events. You will be expected to contribute your ideas and experience and attend a minimum of 3 meetings per year (all meetings are conducted virtually at present).
- Current member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Currently in good standing with employer, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and the GMC
- Experience of education for physicians and familiarity with educational concepts
- A keen interest in education, training and further skills development
- Able to provide support to the Vice President (Medical), Director of Medical Education and the College Education department in their decision making in respect of education for physicians
- To assist in the identification of educational events for physicians
- Able to assist in the identification and development of a network of suitable faculty to deliver education events for physicians
This term may be extended by a maximum of two years by mutual agreement.
How to apply
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter, including your experience and interest in this post to:
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
Closing date for applications: Friday 25 June 2021