35 hours per week
Salary Scale Grade 6A £35,441 - £40,499
National Co-ordinator (Diet and Healthy Weight Early Adopters) – Obesity Action Scotland (fixed term contract to 31st March 2022).
Secondments would be considered if your current employer is in agreement
Obesity Action Scotland (OAS) is hosted and supported by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow. The post holder will be employed within Obesity Action Scotland and will provide support and input to Scotland’s early adopters programme on a whole system approach to diet and healthy weight.
Reporting to the Programme Lead of OAS, the National Co-ordinator will play a key role in the development and championing of a whole systems approach to diet and healthy weight being led by early adopter areas including North Ayrshire, Dundee and the East Region.
The programme is a key commitment within Scottish Government’s Diet and Healthy Weight Delivery Plan. A national steering group support and oversee the early adopter activity and the post holder will work closely with the national steering group, national partners and partners within the early adopter areas.
The post holder will provide practical support to the nominated programme leads at local level including:
- Be the first point of contact for national, strategic input
- Support the direction and development of local programmes
- Support capacity building at local level
- Facilitation support for engagement workshops and planning sessions for local partners
- Assisting them to establish contacts and connections
- Supporting local leads to establish local political buy in and cross organisational support
- Gathering and sharing learning on whole systems approach and other good practice from
external sources – Scotland, England, international
- Gather, share and publish progress reports and good practice examples from each area
This post may require extensive travel across Scotland for which suitable expenses will be paid.
Successful candidates will have the requisite ability and experience to meet the specific requirements of the post. If you believe you have the skills to be part of our team then apply by submitting your CV, with a covering letter and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form via S1jobs.
The closing date is 07 May 2021 at 17:00. It is anticipated that interviews will be held during week beginning 17 May 2021.
If you have any queries please contact HR@rcpsg.ac.uk.