Locations – Hong Kong
Faculty - Physicians & Surgeons
As a Fellow or Member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, you are already part of a growing community of over 15,000 healthcare professionals, who are passionate about patient care, and are leading and influencing the future of our profession.
Our influential network of International Advisors are ambassadors who help promote the unique values of our College, and are able to explain who we are, what we stand for and what we do to a new generation of clinicians across the world.
Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team, and with direction and support from the College, the International Advisor will raise the profile and awareness of the College and endorse the benefits of membership in their locality. S/he will also develop a local network of College members who can work together and support each other in promoting College activities.
Role and Responsibilities
Working within a network of International Advisors and supported by the International Director and Membership & Engagement Team, the International Advisor’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Advise the International Director and Global Engagement Team on in-country developments
- Proactively recruit and sponsor new Members and Fellows;
- On occasion, coordinate and deliver College events in their country or region with the support of the International Director and Global Engagement Team
- Maintaining regular contact with local Members and Fellows, through meetings and email, social media etc...
- Creating a network of contacts and communication links with local and international agencies and organisations (colleges, government ministries, universities, NGO’s)
- Investigate and assess opportunities for developing new partnerships with public, private, charitable and non-governmental organisations
- Provide practical and logistical support for College engagement events and opportunities
- On occasion attend professional events and functions to represent and promote the College
- Identify areas of development for digital education content suitable to the College international membership, and create and promote content where appropriate.
Skills and Experience
The International Advisors will be Fellows or Members of the College in good standing. They will have a proven commitment to education, training and/or examinations and be able to demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and professional expertise towards this important representative role.
The position is not remunerated, although reasonable and pre-agreed expenses incurred in the pursuance of College business will be reimbursed. International Advisors will have their annual subscription fee waived for the period of their term of office.
Reporting lines and coordination
The International Advisor will work closely with and under the guidance of the International Director and Membership/Global Engagement Teams, and will report back to the International Director as appropriate, providing reports as necessary on in-country developments in health and social issues and any College activities being planned.
Term of Office
International Advisors will be appointed for a period of 3 years from date of appointment.
To apply, please complete the application form and submit the completed form along with your CV to email@example.com. Recruitment will be open from Friday 23 April until Monday 10 May.