Want to help trainees in medicine? Want to teach acute medicine? IMPACT is for you!
ILL MEDICAL PATIENTS’ ACUTE CARE & TREATMENT COURSE
Benefits of being IMPACT Faculty
- Access to FREE CPD accredited trainer update courses
- Expand your teaching portfolio and strengthen your curriculum vitae
- Networking opportunities
- Quarterly newsletter
Places will be made available later this year on our IMPACT Instructor Day courses. This course will prepare you for teaching on the IMPACT course. The normal £150 fee for this course will be waived for participants who sign up to teach on 2 IMPACT courses over the following year.
If you are interested in becoming a member of faculty for IMPACT you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a consultant, associate specialist or specialist training registrar (ST3 or above) in acute medicine or related specialities in possession of a MRCP, FRCA, FRCS (A&E) or other equivalent higher degree in medicine.
- In some cases, and at the discretion of the course director, a suitable specialist nurse or allied healthcare professional (e.g. Resuscitation Officer) practising acute medicine can contribute to IMPACT. The majority of IMPACT faculty should be doctors.
- Faculty must have undergone some form of instructor training prior to teaching on IMPACT. This can be a GIC course or any of the advanced life support courses referred to below or attendance at an IMPACT Instructor Training Day.
- Ideally, faculty should have also attended an IMPACT Course as an observer. However, if they are known by the course director to be familiar with the content and teaching style employed by IMPACT, this is sufficient to allow participation in the faculty.
Please email us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org IMPACT course details