Recognising the vital importance of non-clinical education and training for our multi-disciplinary membership, the College has identified the need for a clinician to shape and guide the strategic planning and delivery of non-clinical education to the highest standards. This area of education gives the College a unique opportunity to differentiate its offering, creating non-clinical education of relevance to the breadth of our multi-disciplinary membership.
Non-clinical education will be structured around three key areas:
- Medical education and supervision
- Professional and personal development
- Patient safety and quality improvement
- To lead the strategic development of the College’s non-clinical educational programme.
- To shape and guide the delivery of non-clinical education by the College to the highest standards.
- To represent the College on non-clinical education and postgraduate training issues; and
- To ensure that the Non-Clinical Education Board has a current knowledge of the major issues and opportunities which affect non-clinical education and training in the UK and Internationally.
The post holder will lead and shape a Non-Clinical Education Board which will interact with the education governance from each discipline and faculty. The post holder will work alongside, and be supported by, the Director of Education & Assessment.
The attached role specification includes details of the responsibilities and required skills and experience.
Term of office
Three years in the first instance, commencing early 2020. This term may be extended by mutual agreement.
This post is voluntary however all reasonable expenses will be reimbursed in line with the College policy. It is anticipated that the level of commitment is equivalent on average, to half a day per week.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter including your experience and interest in this role to:
232 St Vincent Street
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss the role informally in order to consider applying please contact email@example.com, and she will set up a telephone discussion with the Director of Education and Assessment, or the Deputy Head of Education.
The closing date for applications is Friday 21 February 2020.