Locations – Inverclyde Royal Hospital, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Royal Hospital for Children, New Victoria Hospital (Glasgow), Gartnaval General Hospital, Vale of Leven Hospital, Stobhill Hospital, Beatson, Hairmyres Hospital, Monklands Hospital, University Hospital Ayr, Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Queen Margaret Hospital, Borders General Hospital, Dr Gray’s Hospital, Belford Hospital, Western Isles Hospital, Arbroath Infirmary, Perth Royal Infirmary
As a Fellow or Member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, you are already part of a growing community of over 14,000 healthcare professionals, who are passionate about patient care, and are leading and influencing the future of our profession.
Our influential network of College Tutors are ambassadors who help promote the unique values of our College, and are able to explain who we are, what we stand for and what we do to a new generation of clinicians across the UK and Ireland.
Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team, and with direction and support from the College, the College Tutor will raise the profile and awareness of the College and endorse the benefits of membership in their locality. S/he will also develop a local network of College members who can work together and support each other in promoting College activities.
Vacancies for this post now exist in the following hospital sites in Scotland:
- Inverclyde Royal Hospital
- Queen Elizabeth University Hospital
- Royal Hospital for Children
- New Victoria Hospital (Glasgow)
- Gartnaval General Hospital
- Vale of Leven Hospital
- Stobhill Hospital
- Hairmyres Hospital
- Monklands Hospital
- University Hospital Ayr
- Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
- Western General Hospital
- Queen Margaret Hospital
- Borders General Hospital
- Dr Gray’s Hospital
- Belford Hospital
- Western Isles Hospital
- Arbroath Infirmary
- Perth Royal Infirmary
Role and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the College Tutor are to:
- act as a local College ambassador and advocate, by sharing locally, who we are and what we stand for
- promote and publicise the range of examinations offered by the College, encouraging local clinicians to apply through the College to sit these examinations
- promote and publicise the range of education, activities, services and facilities offered by the College
- identify and recruit new members to the College and encourage applications for Fellowship, acting as sponsor where appropriate
- provide advice, guidance and support to Members and Fellows locally
- identify opportunities to raise the profile of the College in your region, and opportunities to support local or regional education/teaching programmes
Our College Tutors will be Fellows or Members of the College in good standing. They will have a proven commitment to education, training and/or examinations and be able to demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and professional expertise towards this important representative role.
Those successful in securing the role of College Tutor may not perform any similar promotional or governance role for any other medical or surgical Royal College and must disclose memberships of, or affiliations with, all other Colleges.
Communication and Reporting
The College Tutors will be accountable to College Council through the Honorary Secretary and Head of Membership and Global Engagement. The College Tutors will work closely with, and be supported by, Office Bearers and College staff.
The term of office will be 3 years, with the option to extend for a further 3 years.
The post of Regional Advisor is voluntary although all reasonable expenses associated with the role will be paid by the College in line with our normal policies and procedures.
To apply, please submit an up-to-date CV and cover letter (max 500 words) to email@example.com by close of business Friday 18th October 2019.
For more information or an informal discussion with Kathleen Hiddleston, Global Engagement Manager, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that successful applications will be expected to attend:
- College Networks Induction Day – Wednesday 11th December 2019
- College Networks Annual Workshop – Thursday 23rd April 2020