Membership of the Faculty of Travel Medicine demonstrates to peers and patients that you are committed to ensuring the highest standards of travel medicine practice through assessment and continuing professional development.
Full membership is open to individuals who have successfully completed any of following:
- MFTM part 1 (or hold an exempting qualification) and MFTM part 2 examinations.
- Both Part A and Part B of the International Diploma in Expedition and Wilderness Medicine.
- Via committee, to individuals who have:
- Passed the Diploma in Travel Medicine awarded by this College or the University of Glasgow and who also have a higher qualification in the field of travel medicine, or
- made significant contributions to Travel Medicine in research, practice or professional activities.
To apply via this route, download and complete the application form, attaching your CV and all supporting evidence, including the names of two sponsors, one of whom should provide a statement of support.
Applications will be considered by a Committee to assess equivalence of qualifications and experience. The Committee's decision on eligibility for membership is final.
All new Members are entitled to use the postnominal, MFTM RCPS(Glasg), and will be invited to attend a formal admission ceremony, currently held twice a year in Glasgow.
This is just one of many practical professional, educational, financial and lifestyle membership benefits which we offer to our Members.
Faculty Members must pay an annual subscription fee, which varies depending on geographic location and medical or non-medical qualifications.Download Application Form