Specialty training is an important time to focus on your personal and professional development in preparation for independent practice as a specialist. If you intend to pursue a consultant post then you will be looking to show evidence of your key skills, experience and competencies, over and above your training.
As a Member of the College you can access a wide range of opportunities and resources to support the development of your clinical, leadership, teaching and research skills.
- Our scholarships and awards programme can expand your experience in research with funding for a project
- Discounted educational events and courses enhance your knowledge in specialty care, management and teaching skills
- Free access to the Pan-Surgical e-Logbook can help prepare for your post CCT career
- Receive one-to-one professional and personal guidance from a senior clinician matched to your interests though our free Mentorship programme
- Enhance your management, leadership and teaching skills with our discounted educational events and courses
- If you are local to the College you can develop your leadership skills as a 'buddy' in our West of Scotland Buddy Scheme