As someone who has committed to a career in surgery we are very keen to support your training. With trainees as part of our committee structure, we understand the pressures of undertaking practical surgical training while simultaneously working towards completion of your MRCS.
Affiliate membership is designed to support you successfully through core training and on to ST3. The resources you can access as a member will help you prepare for your exams, improve your practical knowledge and skills, and stand out in a competitive field:
- Our OCSE preparation course helps you prepare for success in your MRCS part B OSCE examination
- Our College Travelling Fellowships will open up opportunities to enhance your learning, develop research skills and demonstrate commitment to your chosen specialty
- Gain leadership and teamwork experience as a member of our Trainees' Committee and strengthen your specialty training post applications
- Receive professional and personal development support through our Regional Advisors, College Tutors, and if you are based in the West of Scotland our Buddy Scheme
- Receive discounted rate access to specialist educational events to enhance your knowledge and develop your clinical skills.
As you progress onto a specialty training programme we are here to support your personal and professional development through our full range of member resources.