Fellowship is a demonstration of commitment to the College and an acknowledgement of an individual's contribution to podiatric medicine, its standards and practice.
Fellowship of the Faculty of Podiatric Medicine is offered to podiatrists who, in the opinion of the College;
- have made substantial contributions to their specialty in Podiatric Medicine or
- are senior members of the profession and whose published works and attainments are, in the opinion of the Council, of such distinction as to justify election.
If you are a surgeon or a podiatrist involved in surgical practice and are interested in Fellowship of the Faculty you will be expected to provide detailed evidence of the following;
- that you spend the majority of your time working in non-surgical practice;
- that you have worked or are working in the field of advanced podiatric medicine and
- that you have or are making a significant, verifiable contribution to Podiatric Medicine. In the UK, this would normally be evidenced by the award of the Fellowship of the College of Podiatry (Medicine).
To apply complete the application form, attach a CV, supporting evidence and provide the names of two sponsors, one of whom should also provide a statement of support.
Ideally your sponsors must know you both professionally and personally and be in a position to truthfully declare whether or not they are aware of any disciplinary or other issues which may affect your registration by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Your sponsors must either be a Fellow of this College or a Fellow of the College of Podiatry (Medicine) in London and able to vouch for the accuracy of the statements and evidence you provide.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Download Application Form
Applications for membership are considered by the Fellowship Committee four times per year where they will assess suitability and equivalence of qualifications and eligibility for membership.
All successful applicants will be required to pay both an admission fee (currently £200) and an annual subscription fee will be invited to attend a formal admission ceremony currently held twice a year in Glasgow.
Further information regarding the format of these events can be found by clicking on Admission Ceremony: essential information.
Following admission to College, Fellows are entitled to use the postnominal FFPM RCPS(Glasg). Please note this postnominal must always be used in full. Existing Members of the Faculty are normally expected to have a minimum of 4 years consecutive membership before being considered for fellowship.
Members pay an annual subscription fee from 1 October.
For further information please contact email@example.com.