There are just ten weeks to go to our international triennial conference, Excellence in Healthcare 2017, and plans are an exciting and advanced stage.
The two day conference, which will take place in Glasgow on 8-9 June, incorporates four streams running in parallel:
- Medicine24: our flagship medical conferences focuses on the optimal management of acutely ill patients in the first 24 hours
- Surgery365: bringing surgeons together from across the specialties to focus on a range of hot topics in surgical innovation, technology and training, perioperative care, trauma and emergency surgery
- Travel Medicine – the Big Picture: focusing on some of the big issues facing healthcare globally including antimicrobial resistance, humanitarian aid and redevelopment, and the ebola epidemic
- Podiatric Medicine – the Journey of Human Movement: including a live link to the gait lab at Glasgow Caledonian University for real-time analysis and an exploration of gait issues from childhood to the elderly
Delegates will have the opportunity to focus on their own specialty, but also to broaden their horizons by attending sessions of interest in other parts of the programme – offering something for everyone and great value for money. The conference faculty are nationally and internationally renowned speakers who will deliver cutting-edge education across each discipline.
The individual conference steams will come together for four plenary sessions from keynote speakers:
- John Meara, Kletjian Professor of Glasgow Surgery, Harvard Medical School, and co-chair of the Lancet Commission on global surgery
- James Logan, Associate Professor, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Catherine Calderwood, Chief Medical Officer for Scotland
- Greig Trout, double cancer survivor and motivational speaker
An impressive range of posters has also been accepted and will be on display through the conference.
Detailed programmes for each of the individual streams are available on the conference website.