The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is now open to members of the public every Monday afternoon from 2pm to 5pm (excluding public holidays). Visitors can come and view John James Audubon's Birds of America on display in the Library Reading Room, and see the latest temporary exhibition in Crush Hall. The exhibitions will be changed every month, so make sure you don't miss out!
- 23rd Sept; 7th, 14th Oct 2013: Find out about our Founder, Maister Peter Lowe.
- 21st, 28th Oct; 4th, 11th Nov 2013: In celebration of Trafalgar Day, a rare opportunity to see the instruments of William Beatty, Surgeon on board HMS Victory.
- 18th, 25th Nov; 2nd Dec 2013: Highlights from our archive collections as part of the national Explore Your Archive campaign.
- 9th, 16th, 23rd Dec 2013: Get the Christmas feeling with a chance to see Audubon's magnificent turkey and other Christmas items from the collections.
- 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th Jan 2014: Still recovering from the festive season? Here's a chance to sober up with our temperance and alcohol display.
- 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th Feb 2014: Matters of the heart including a chance to view William Harvey's groundbreaking work De Motu Cordis (on the motion of the heart).
Visitors can also view a selection from the College's art collection, including paintings byJohn Bellany, James Orr and Yvonne Cunningham.
Groups of over 5 by appointment only. For further details and information about lectures and tours please email email@example.com or telephone 0141 221 6072.
Back to all news