This one-day course provides foundation doctors and medical students with an overview of teaching, learning and feedback in the clinical environment.
Participants will be given the opportunity to conduct a short teaching session on a subject relating to their clinical practice and will be provided with written feedback for their portfolio.
The programme is mapped to the foundation curriculum, by completing this course you will have evidence that you have taught, been evaluated and have will have information to develop reflective practice.
By the end of this course will be able to:
- Understand the clinical learning environment, and the types of teaching and learning opportunities that are available to them
- Explore current thinking around learning and teaching principles
- Understand different teaching strategies focused on small-group teaching
- Confidently undertake small-group teaching activities
- Understand the different methods by which feedback can be given in a clinical environment
- Apply basic feedback principles
Who should attend?
- Medical students
- Foundation doctors
- This may also be of interest to core trainees and early stage GP trainees