This half day seminar will guide you through the application process for surgical core training posts. The seminar will cover what to expect and how to prepare through a combination of lectures and workshops focusing on portfolios, management and clinical stations.
- Understand more about the surgical core training interview process
- Understand how to prepare your portfolio properly
- Leave with practical advice and a list of actions to improve your own portfolio
- Hear from recent core trainees about their experience of the interview process, with the opportunity to ask questions and discuss
Attendees are asked to bring their portfolio and / or an up to date CV.
Attendees will also be required to give a short, non power point presentation (3 minute presentation followed by 2 minutes of questions) on one of the below topics:
- Women in Surgery
- Workforce Issues
- Medical Foundation Trainees
- Surgical Foundation Trainees