This course will provide useful hints and tips on the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of dental emergencies within a busy practice schedule.
The programme for the day combines lectures and workshops, offering an overview of common dental patient emergencies. The course will cover symptoms and situations ranging from non-urgent to extremely urgent cases, and will offer a platform to discuss and review strategies of best practice.
Aim of the session(s)
The aim of the session will be to provide an overview of current best practice in the management of the patient presenting with a dental emergency. All stages of management will be covered, from triage and the importance of empathetic telephone manner, to assessment of various presenting conditions, and treatment modalities.
A mixture of interactive lecture and workshop formats will be used, and delegates will be encouraged to share experiences and management strategies, both within the sessions, and informally at break times.
Intended Learning Outcomes
At the end of the session(s) delegates will be able to:
- Name a range of dental conditions which would require emergency care
- State the importance of effective triage in the allocation of emergency appointments
- Describe treatment interventions which can be provided for the immediate relief of dental emergencies
- Identify non dental factors, such as medical history, which require consideration when assessing and treating emergency patients
Development outcomes for enhanced CPD
A, B, C, D
- Dental Care Professionals
- Dental Undergraduates
- Dentists Outside the UK
- Foundation / Vocational / Core Trainees
- Primary Care / General Dental Practitioners
- Dental Specialty Trainees
- Dental Specialists / Consultants
No upcoming dates
There are currently no upcoming dates for this event.
+44 (0) 141 241 6224