This half day course aimed at senior clinicians, responsible officers, clinical directors, medical directors and clinical leads, focuses on managing doctors in difficulty and difficult doctors.
Through national updates, case studies and in depth interactive sessions, this course will support you to identify concerns early, diagnose the issues and ensure effective intervention and support doctors who are experiencing difficulty or demonstrating difficult behaviours.
Aims & ObjectivesThe course will introduce delegates to the management of trainees with difficulties. Specific guidance will be given in relation to the requirements of GMC, recognition and management of issues, and strategies to overcome commonly encountered barriers
- State the requirements of the GMC in identifying and managing trainees with difficulties.
- Identify those features which may indicate a trainee with difficulties.
- List possible barriers to effective intervention.
- Name the formal processes and procedures required when managing trainees with difficulties.
- Medical Specialty Trainees
- SAS Grade Physicians
- Medical Consultants
- Surgical Specialty Trainees
- SAS Grade Surgeons
- Surgical Consultants
- Dental Specialty Trainees
- Dental Specialists / Consultants
- Specialist Podiatrists