Closing date - 19th July 2018
This one day cadaver course will run in the Clinical Anatomy Skills Centre (CASC), based within the University of Glasgow.
Run by two Consultant Nephrologists, a Consultant Radiologist and a Consultant Renal Pathologist, this course is ideally suited to trainees who will be expected to carry out renal biopsies or core medical trainees intending to apply for renal specialty training.
Providing hands on experience using cadaveric material, the programme will include:
- Indications for native renal biopsy
- Complications of renal biopsy
- Ultrasound localisation of the kidney with demonstration by a Consultant Radiologist and hands on experience
- Hands-on experience of real-time ultrasound guided native renal biopsy in cadavers
- Appropriate division of biopsy cores for maximal diagnostic yield
- Hands-on experience in identification of cortical tissue and biopsy division with personalised feedback from Consultant Renal Pathologist
- Post-procedure management (including bleeding complications)
Note: only 12 delegate places available.
- Physicians Outside the UK
- Medical Core Trainees
- Medical Specialty Trainees