Note: The closing date for this course is Friday 10 February 2017.
This multidisciplinary and highly interactive course aims to provide in-depth understanding of cardiac anatomy, with an emphasis on the surgical and echocardiographic anatomy of the mitral valve.
Providing hands on experience using fresh/frozen cadaveric material this one day course will include:
- Assessment of mitral valve repairability using TOE
- Assessment of risk of SAM using TOE
- Surgical evaluation of the mitral valve
- Principles of valve repair and an understanding of techniques of repair
- Intraoperative decision-making
- Peri and post operative assessment of valve repair
- Ablation procedures for atrial fibrillation: anatomical basis and indications
The faculty comprises consultant cardiologists, anaesthetists and surgeons. Course work will comprise prosection of the human heart, hands-on instruction on TOE using simulators, group cadaveric work with intact human thoraces including exposure and assessment of valves in situ, video presentations and didactic teaching.
The course is ideally suitable for cardiology, cardiac surgery and anaesthesia trainees ST3-6.
- Professor David Richens, Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Nottingham
- Mr Adam Szafranec, Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Nottingham
- Dr Tom Mathews, Consultant Cardiologist, Nottingham
- Dr Henry Skinner, Consultant Anaesthetist, Nottingham
The closing date for this course is Friday 10 February 2017.
Places limited to 20 delegates.
This is a reduced fee thanks to sponsorship by Cardio Solutions Ltd, St Jude and Atricure.
No upcoming dates
There are currently no upcoming dates for this event.
+44 (0) 141 330 2063