The Academy of Clinical Educators (ACE) Conference is an opportunity for anyone involved in teaching, training, learning and effective communication and supervision to gain insight into best practice, topical issues, key strategies and areas of trainer development. The programme will explore issues and challenges related to learning and teaching skills, communication, coaching and dealing with difficult students and themes of making the learner experience meaningful and engaging.
With a focus on supporting the training and professional development of trainers and educators specifically, the programme is designed for those holding a named trainer role in secondary care, or who wish to enhance their career development as trainers.
The conference will explore the challenges and opportunities of learning and teaching principles in the context of an educational and clinical environment, including teaching styles, small group and team teaching and mentoring and feedback, and explore the skills and approaches which can enhance your approach to training.
Delivered by professional training experts and senior clinicians, the programme will provide you with new ideas and perspectives on delivering education and training.
The conference will provide an overview of recent developments and current expert opinion on the subject of professional development and the training and education of young healthcare professionals. The conference will be presented as a mixture of lecture based presentations, and interactive workshops.
Anticipated Learning Outcomes
- State factors which can help to predict successful careers in healthcare
- Name ways in which access to medical careers can be improved for disadvantaged groups
- List ways in which educational opportunities can be maximised in the clinical environment
- Describe the role of human factors analysis in medical education
- Identify strategies for the support of students in difficulty
A, B, D
- Medical Core Trainees
- Medical Specialty Trainees
- SAS Grade Physicians
- Medical Consultants
- Other Physicians
- Surgical Core Trainees
- Surgical Specialty Trainees
- SAS Grade Surgeons
- Surgical Consultants
- Other Surgeons
- Primary Care / General Dental Practitioners
- Dental Specialty Trainees
- Dental Specialists / Consultants
- Healthcare Professionals
- Specialist Podiatrists
- Advanced Podiatrists and Consultants
Our website is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance. Online booking for events and courses will be unavailable during this time. We expect the maintenance to be complete by approximately 20:00 on 18 February.
Alternatively you can make a booking by calling +44 (0) 141 221 6072
+44 (0) 141 221 6072