The course breaks down in to 2 parts. Part 1 consists of 4 modules (inc 2 residential weeks), successful completion of which will result in a PGCert. You will then have up to 5 years to complete part 2, again consisting of 4 modules (inc 2 residential weeks), leading to PGDip.
Key dates and deadlines for part 1 of the next intake are as follows:
6-10 November 2017 Glasgow Residential Week (Module 1: Introduction, Infectious Diseases and Global Health) 10 November 2017 Module 1 assignment opens 10 November 2017 Module 3 (Navigation) assignment A opens (logbook) 1 December 2017 Module 2 (Research Methods) assignment opens 11 December 2017 Module 1 submission date 2 February 2018 Module 3 assignment B opens (worksheet) 2 March 2018 Module 3 assignment B submission date 30 March 2018 Module 2 submission date 14-20 April 2018 Glenmore Residential Week (Module 4: Cold and Mountainous) 18 April 2018 Module 4 assignment opens 18 May 2018 Module 3 assignment A submission date 18 May 2018 Module 4 submission date
The current fee for part 1 as detailed above is currently £3000, with a £500 non-refundable deposit required to secure your place.
The closing date for the upcoming intake is the end of September, or when the course reaches capacity (currently set at a maximum of 24 students per cohort).
The total fee per student for this Diploma is £6000, which is completely inclusive of all course and residential costs, covering the following:
- Distance learning support and assessment for all 8 modules
- 5 days practical teaching and assessment at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- 5 days practical teaching and assessment at Dartington Hall, including full room and board
- 7 days practical teaching and assessment at Glenmore Lodge, including full room and board
- 8 days practical teaching and assessment in Morocco, Africa, including full room and board
On successful completion of all eight modules, you will receive a fully credit-rated Diploma
Fee will be paid in instalments as follows:
- Initial £500 to secure your place on part 1
- £2500 to access part 1
- £500 to secure your place on part 2
- £2500 to access part 2