Travel Medicine Director of Education
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow wish to appoint a Director of Travel Medicine Education, a voluntary appointment to lead the development and delivery of Travel Medicine Education; focusing on organisation of symposia, e-learning initiatives and training events.
The post holder should be a Fellow or Member of the Faculty of Travel Medicine and in good standing with the College.
The post holder's term of office will be four years.
Aims, objectives and responsibilities
The aim of the role of Director of Travel Medicine Education is to shape and guide the strategic delivery of travel medicine education to the highest standards.
The post holder will also be responsible for the following:
- To represent the College on Travel Medicine education and postgraduate training issues
- To Chair the Travel Medicine Education Board on the major issues which affect travel medicine education in the UK and internationally
- To attend Faculty of Travel Medicine Executive Board meetings and report on activities of the FTM Education Board
- To represent the College and/or Faculty of Travel Medicine as Director of Travel Medicine Education at external meetings as required
- The Director of Education does not have responsibility for formal Courses in Travel Medicine run by RCPSG, such as courses for Foundation and Diploma or those leading to Membership of the Faculty (MFTM). The Director will promote these Courses whenever appropriate during educational events
- The post holder will work alongside the Travel Medicine Course Manager where appropriate
- Provide regular support to the RCPSG Head of Education Training and Professional Development in their decision making, and to provide clinical expertise to assist in the development of the College's planning cycle
- To liaise with the Travel Medicine Examinations Board on examiner training issues
Accountability and authority
The post holder is accountable to the Faculty of Travel Medicine Executive Board and authority is delegated to the post holder by the Dean and the Faculty of Travel Medicine Executive Board.
This is a voluntary post. Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
How to apply
Please contact Lorraine Hannah for an application pack.
The closing date for applications is 6 March 2017