Get access to full-text journal articles, eBooks, mobile apps and more via The Knowledge Network.
Through the library's partnership with NHS Education for Scotland, Fellows and Members of the College have access to the Knowledge Network, a platform which brings together a diverse collection of over 12 million information resources and learning tools for health professionals.
The Knowledge Network enables its users to search for resources from one single place and provides a number of tools to help you find this information as quickly and easily as possible:
- Journals - Search for journal titles and full text articles. Key titles include the BMJ, Lancet, Scottish Medical Journal, British Dental Journal, Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease, and Foot and Ankle Clinics.
- Bibliographic Databases - These provide more detailed search options ideal for complex literature searches. Key databases include Ovid, EBSCO, CINHAL, and ScienceDirect.
- eBooks - Get access to some of the most recent medical textbooks including Oxford handbooks, Oxford textbooks, and Stockley's drug interactions.
- Keep Up To Date - News alerts, current awareness bulletins and Table of Contents services.
- Point of Care - Access key resources such as BMJ Best Practice to help support clinical decisions at point of care. Online training for these services is also available.
- Apps - get free apps for your mobile or tablet including BNF, NICE and SIGN Guidelines.
The Knowledge Network also provides a Communities resource. This enables people with a common interest to create their own secure web space where they can share resources, experience and expertise.
Making the most of the Knowledge Network
To make the most of the services on offer you should apply for an Athens account. An Athens account will allow you to access far more information including password-protected content from over 6000 full text journals, 80 databases and 5000 electronic books. It will also enable you to personalise the Knowledge Network to reflect your interests, join online communities, access shared spaces and save searches.
Fellow and Members of the College are eligible for an Athens account. Simply contact us and we will send you details of how to apply.