Leadership Development Scholarship Programme: Developing Female Medical and Academic Leaders
Physicians, Surgeons, Dentistry
Female medical, surgical and dental consultants within 15 years post CCT who are current Fellows or Members of the College and/or current employees of Glasgow University.
15 August 2019
The University of Glasgow and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow are seeking applications for four fully funded scholarships to develop female medical and clinical-academic leaders.
During the eight month programme, which runs from October 2019 to June 2020, successful applicants will have access to:
- Assessment of personal leadership style through 360 feedback
- Leadership development for women
- Personal mentorship from a senior female medial and/or academic leader
- Mentorship training programme (commencing 24 October 2019)
- Action learning sets – experiential learning and support
- Networking opportunities
- CPD accredited non-clinical skills and human factors courses:
- 12 September 2019: Making Life Work Better conference
- 21 November 2019: Human Factors Conference
- 12-13 March 2020: Leadership and Management course
Applications are open to female medical, surgical and dental consultants within 15 years post CCT. Applicants must be a Fellow or Member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and/or an employee of the University of Glasgow. Evidence of active involvement with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is desirable.
In your personal statement, please outline:
- Why you wish to be considered for this development scholarship
- Your experience to date
- What you hope to achieve as a result of participating in the programme
Applications close on 15 August 2019. Successful applicants will be notified in September 2019.
Anyone wishing to be considered for the development scholarship should submit a CV and personal statement to email@example.com.